Thank you for your kind messages and encouragement while we have been closed. As we reopen, please understand that we will be adjusting to a, “new normal”. We have researched, evaluated, and implemented multiple systems to keep our clients and staff healthy.
ALL CLIENTS AND VENDORS will stop upon entering our office and be asked to
- Answer a couple of questions to evaluate if you or someone in your household may have symptoms of or may have been exposed to COVID-19 or other illnesses
- Have your temperature checked
We also ask that all individuals utilize our hand washing station once they enter the facility.
What are your updated guidelines for seeing clients?
Here are the guidelines we have in place:
- If you have no fever and no respiratory (sneezing, cough, runny nose etc.) symptoms: We recommend you keep your normally scheduled appointments.
- If you have any respiratory symptoms, a fever >100.0, have traveled out of the country or the state within the past 14 days, or have been in contact with someone who may have COVID-19: Please call us and speak with us, we will need to reschedule the appointment.
- If you have severe symptoms, it is recommended that you contact your primary care office or an Urgent Care facility prior to visiting the ER. Missouri Department of Health has encouraged telemedicine visits at this time, even if you’ve never previously been a patient at that facility.
- We are following all CDC guidelines for our facility and are taking every precaution to keep our staff and patients healthy.
- All Healing Arts Therapeutic Massage therapists will wear a face mask when working with clients.
- All clients will wear a facemask while in the office–at all times.
- With our clients and team as our primary concern—to practice social distancing—clients may be asked to wait in their car until their appointment.
- Please, just give us a call when you have arrived for your appointment.
- Your massage therapist will instruct you when to come into the office.
Do I have to wear a face mask when I get a massage?
Yes, all Healing Arts Therapeutic (HAT) Massage therapists must wear a mask and so do you. This treatment guidelines is in accordance with current regulations for personal care services, like massage. We have determined all of our treatment guidelines as a team. If you want a massage at our office, wearing a mask during your massage is not negotiable.
I saw you have cloth masks. How often do you clean your masks?
- HAT therapists put on a new, clean, mask before treating a client.
- We are following the CDC’s Interim Guidance for the use of face masks and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- In addition to washing the masks and all linens with a class 7 disinfectant soap, we are using Nixall disinfectant/sanitizer to disinfect the masks regularly.
To read more about the most recent recommendations from the CDC , click the articles links below:
- Surgical Mask and Gown Conservation Strategies – Letter to Healthcare Providers
- Interim Guidance for the Use of Masks to Control Seasonal Influenza Virus Transmission
- Medical Glove Conservation Strategies: Letter to Health Care Providers
To read more about how Nixall kills SARS-CoV-2 (Novel Coronavirus) which causes COVID-19 visit the following links: